Sunday, June 10, 2012

3D to 2D

Take photos of all the work you completed for this class. Manipulate an image, or images, to create a 2-dimensional image.You can manipulate image(s) any way you choose. You can use photoshop, add music, add movement with animation of video.

 For this final project I used a photo of the chest I made for the Poetic Metamorphosis assignment. I also used a photo of my boyfriend's niece. The main reaction I had to the story Metamorphosis was surprise. The main character turned into a bug! Obviously he and his family were surprised. Thinking of what to do for this project I remembered the surprised feeling the story had. It was similar to when my boyfriend suddenly had a niece on the way. Her parents weren't together very long so it was surprising a baby was on the way. I Photoshopped her into the picture of the box. I added a quote about surprises to the picture. 

 This is the original photo of the box from an earlier assignment. I Photoshopped the background out of it to use for this assignment.
 This is the original photo I used of my boyfriend's niece. She was grumpy from all the flashes from taking pictures. Anyhow, I took myself out of the picture to use.
 I put her in the box and then decided it needed more. I wasn't intending to have a sad vibe so there was some more work to do.
I added a pink background to represent that she is a baby girl. Its a little dark because I don;t always feel that the absolute best is done for her. On the top of the picture I added the quote "Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often." I interpreted the quote meaning that we should basically expect the unexpected. Although I was shocked or surprised that my boyfriend got a niece, I shouldn't have been too shocked based on her parent's behavior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment