Monday, June 4, 2012

It's About Time...Part 2

Assignment:

Carve two forms from life using soap as your medium. The second carving will be evaluated for observation.

Materials:

A couple of bars of soap, Kemper ribbon carving tool set, banning wheel, small plastic animal or figure.

This project began with a bar of soap. I traced the animal shape onto the bar of soap with a sharpie. I carved for what felt like forever until the form finally transformed into the animal shape. I used a smaller tool to carve the face, legs, and tail. No matter how hard I tried the legs would not be even, so my tiger leans a little to one side. The soap was kind of grainy so it was hard to get the entire piece to be one smooth level. This project was harder than I originally thought it would but it wasn't as defeating as the paper stacking!











No comments:

Post a Comment